The attorneys of Wang Austin LLC have extensive experience representing employers and executives in executive compensation matters.
We represent employers and individual executives and management teams in the negotiation of employment agreements and equity compensation arrangements. Our experience includes:
- Negotiating and drafting employment, consulting, severance, and retention agreements.
- Creating bonus programs, long-term incentive programs, and retention bonus programs.
- Preparing and advising on Section 457(b) and 457(f) deferred compensation plans and arrangements.
- Drafting compensation arrangements to comply with or qualify for exemption from Code Section 409A.
- Correcting Code Section 409A failures.
- Advising on excess benefit transaction rules under Code Section 4958.
- Advise on golden parachute issues under Code Section 280G.
- Drafting and advising on equity compensation plans and arrangements.
- Preparing and analyzing plan and award documents for compliance with Code Section 409A.
- Drafting equity compensation plans to include appropriate exit strategies for both the company and employees.
- Drafting appropriate board and/or compensation committee resolutions related to equity-based compensation.
- Determining how to achieve the desired treatment of equity-based compensation in corporate transactions.