Corporate Transactions and Mergers & Acquisitions
Wang Austin LLC helps companies navigate the employee benefits and executive compensation issues that arise during mergers, acquisitions and bankruptcy proceedings, as well as divestitures and joint ventures.
Our attorneys have advised on the employee benefits and executive compensation issues in hundreds of transactions for private companies, public companies and private equity funds.
Wang Austin LLC provides counsel in corporate transactions involving:
- Diligence review and agreement negotiation
- Qualified plan terminations
- Underfunded defined benefit plans
- Multiemployer plan withdrawal liability
- Code Section 409A
- Golden parachute arrangements and Code Section 280G
- Treatment of equity-based compensation
- PBGC early warning program
- COBRA obligations
Wang Austin also consults on post-closing matters, such as:
- Plan mergers
- Plan spin-offs and asset transfers
- 401(k) plan loan transfers
- Implementation and integration of employee benefits plans
We negotiate and draft new employment, severance, and retention agreements. We also advise clients on the drafting, design and implementation of employment, equity, and executive compensation agreements and arrangements in initial public offerings and spin-off transactions. Additionally, we provide counsel on the employee benefit provisions in credit agreements.